Effective, Experienced Leadership
Hi! I’m Lynn Guissinger, and I’m running to represent District O on the RTD Board of Directors. I will champion transit improvements for District O that were promised in FasTracks and that will provide frequent, reliable service to our region. I have the experience, drive and commitment needed to work well with the other 14 board members to achieve our goals.
As a member of the RTD Board of Directors, I will:
- Fight for Boulder County: Lead the efforts for transit improvements in the Northwest Corridor. I will push to update analysis of possibilities for Northwest Rail. In the shorter term, I will strive to move forward with frequent, efficient bus rapid transit on Highways 119, 7 and 287. These bus improvements are projected to carry up to 20,000 people per day, many of them new transit users, and will make a big difference in our quality of life.
- Grow and Protect Ridership: Support the EcoPass and NEcoPass, the lower-income pass, the youth pass, the university pass, and the efforts to explore a community-wide pass.
- Identify Resources: Work hard and seek innovative solutions to find funding for RTD to better serve the people of our Northwest region.
- Look To the Future: Push RTD to lead the way in strategic planning for the future of transportation, a future that will look very different from today. This means RTD should be planning for its role and focus if revenues continue to be limited. And it includes planning to move to an electric bus fleet, and to create pilot programs that explore relationships with transit network companies (TNCs) and autonomous vehicles (AVs).
- Make RTD Work for Cyclists: Make sure RTD provides the best bike storage and facilities possible, especially since cycling is a great way to solve the “first-last mile” challenge transit users face at stops and stations.
There’s so much more to talk about, so please visit the other pages of my website to learn more about my history, my visions for the future, and how you can join our campaign!
And, I’d like to hear from you. Contact me at email@example.com.